Monday, January 12, 2009

Two Month Check Up

Today we took Dominic for his 2 month well check up & shots. Once again, Louie & I wagered on what we believed DT weighed and how much he had grown...

Lou-10 lbs 8 oz, 22 inches long
Brooke-10 lbs 6 oz, 22 inches long

Now we knew that he had grown out of all his newborn clothes and figured he was a bit longer--but we were both floored to find out:

Dominic=12 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long!!!!

That's right...he gained 3 pounds and grew 3 inches in ONE month!!! The nurse was shocked and can't wait until we come back to see how much more he'll grow! After his measurements, Dr.Flask took a look at him and once again called him "perfect" and "soo cute" (things we already knew! ha!) He does have to go to physical therapy though due to some tight neck muscles. Dominic always lays looking towards the right side--therapy will teach us some exercises & techniques to loosen up his neck muscles.

After his check up the nurse came in to give Dom his shots. I held my brave little guys hands and shut my eyes while they adminstered the vaccinations. I could tell the exact moment they injected him because he squeezed soo tight and started wailing. Then they gave him PINK bandaids(??), we snuggled him and he fell asleep. It broke my heart to hear that cry!!

I didn't bring my camera to the appointment because I didn't want to have pictures of him in pain--so here are a few pictures from the weekend to brighten your day!















0 comments: