Saturday, July 16, 2011

14 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along
: 14 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a lemon
Maternity Clothes: No maternity clothes yet but most of my clothes are within their last days 
Gender: Unknown (18 days until we hopefully find out!)

Movement: Not sure if I'm feeling little flickers every now and then. My uterus is retroverted (What?TMI? lol) so I may not feel it for a while even though this is my 2nd pregnancy.

Sleep: I'm falling asleep okay but I'm sleeping terribly. I wake up so many times at night and am tossing and turning which leaves me feeling extremely unrested in the morning.
What I miss: Sound sleep at this point!
Cravings: Still candy. Hey, at least it's stuff like Swedish Fish and Jelly Bellys now. As long as I'm not popping Snickers bars 6x a day! lol Actually, I would probably eat greek yogurt with cinnamon and splenda for breakfast, lunch and dinner right now.
Symptoms: 2nd trimester so any minute this acne should clear up right? RIGHT????!!!
Best Moment this week: We settled on our girl name. Now it's on to feeling out boy first names-we've got the middle name. 
Next Appointment: Next week I have to have the Quad screening test done and then an appt on August 3rd to hopefully find out if Dominic is getting a little brother or a little sister!!

1 comments:

卷曲 (juǎnqǔ) said...

I happened upon your blog about a month ago and started following it. My mom had MS and your story struck a chord with me. I read your comment about not sleeping well and thought I might offer an idea. I've had trouble sleeping (I guess we all do at some point) and bought a guided imagery mp3 from BelleRuth Naperstek's Health Journeys website (http://www.healthjourneys.com/index.asp). She is a well-respected practitioner and works closely with the Cleveland Clinic. I bought Healthful Sleep, listed under Insomnia. You can try samples of the sessions for free. I've used several of the guided imagery titles over the years and found them to be quite effective.

Thanks for sharing your story!

mb