Saturday, December 31, 2011

38 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along
: 38 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a watermelon. Weighs about 6.8lbs and should be around 19-22 inches long
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans are officially too tight...I usually wear them out and about but change into yoga-like pants when I get home
Gender: It's a BOY! Bennett Robert
Movement: He's still bringing the pain with the roundhouses to my ribs. I can definitely tell that he has run out of room and can't quite move as much as he'd like to
Sleep: I wake up a LOT at night. I really haven't been sleeping well at all and lately have had major acid reflux issues at night. I've been trying a few home remedies (spoonful of honey) and up'd my prilosec to twice a day and that helps a bit.
What I miss: bending over, not having to roll out of bed at night, and a full night of sleep *yes, I realize I won't get this again until Bennett's 3.*
Cravings: I could live off coffee alone (I only have one cup a day now, if that) but nothing food-wise sounds good to me at all.
Symptoms: Contractions which my dr said are mostly irritability contractions and not anything to worry about.
Best Moment this week: Realizing that in ONE week we will have a baby!!!
Next Appointment: January 3rd- Ultrasound, NST (LAST ONE!) and final appointment!! :)

We are getting cloooooooooose! :)

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

you look amazing for being 38 weeks!
they only home remedy that i can recommend for acid reflux. as nasty as it seems, is warm water and baking soda. it tastes horrible, however my mom used it when she was pregnant with us, and my boyfriend to this day swears by it and he has worse heart burn than an 80 year old man!
i wish you the best over the next few weeks! i can't wait to "meet" bennett!