Friday, March 26, 2010

Yuck yuck yuck

Things NOT to give a toddler with "sick butt" <--as my husband likes to call it
*carrots
*cookies
*green beans
*milk
*chocolate (he stole a Hershey kiss while I was making cookies)
*Cheerios (he'll just throw them on the floor)
*cheese
*banana
*tater tots
*bologna
*bread
*peaches
*yogurt
*chicken nuggets

Yes, that's all the foods I have been desperately trying to give to Dominic while he has been sick. He has hardly eaten anything since Tuesday and anything else has come right out the other end. (sorry if TMI, but that's how it is). After speaking with a on call nurse tonight we are going to try some pedialyte tomorrow and hopes he gets some relief. Needless to say Lou & I have changed more diapers this past week than we had since he was born!! Good thing we both have strong stomachs! eek!!

3 comments:

Sarah M. Kyle said...

Hope your little guy feels better soon!!!

Courtney said...

Poor thing! From what I remember, the B.R.A.T. diet is best in this case...bananas, rice, applesauce and toast!

Anonymous said...

I second the BRAT diet.... works like a charm. Also, my little one didn't like the taste of pedialite, but he LOVED it when I froze it into popsicles!!!! (YOu can get popsicle mold super cheap from target