Thursday, March 25, 2010

I love sales!!

Hi, my name is Brooke and I'm a window-shopaholic. (Hi Brooke!) I take Dominic out to stores at least 4 times a week and just look around. I never really buy anything substantial unless it's something for Dominic. It has taken me 6 months to buy a new pair of jeans just because I can't decide and honestly, isn't jean shopping just the pits? Anywho--we have a King size bed had currently had bedding that we had bought from overstock.com and honestly, we got what we paid for it. It really didn't cover the entire bed and was mostly white-which if you know me at all, I can't even wear the color white because I tend to attract stains! :) So I've been searching and searching for new bedding-something "perfect" for our room..classy but pretty. King sized bedding is just so expensive and I did want quality but just couldn't justify spending $$$$ on it.

Last Friday I stopped in at Kohl's because they were having a big sale and I had a 15% off coupon (Don't we all? They send them 2x a week it seems!) Well as Dominic was munching on fruit loops in the cart and I was browsing around I came across some Vera Wang King Size bedding that I loved! It was 80% off and marked down from $390 to...wait for it...$78.00!!!!!!!!!! PLUS 15% off so I got it all for $66!! I was so excited to get something that is excellent quality for such a steal! I'm telling you-this is the softest, most luxurious bedding I've ever slept on! It is also the BIGGEST comforter I've ever seen! With two adults and two dogs in a bed, we struggle nightly with the blankets and this last week has been heaven!


This picture is not showing the bedskirt that came with it, but we are using our old-all white bedskirt underneath. Also, we are using our white monogrammed pillowcases and sheets. It looks so clean and pretty! I just love it! We are going to be re-painting and have done a TON of changes to our bedroom, and have SO many more coming up to our house in the next couple months that I will update soon! :)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

what a great deal/steal

Julie said...

Love the bedding! Classy and comfy, and what a great price!