Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some great news!!

I just wanted to pop in and share some great BIG news!! I've been checking the mail all week because I knew that there was a slight chance that I would get a letter telling me that I was accepted into the Rad Tech Clinical program for the fall. It seemed like every day this week I got a letter from the college--mostly advertisements about registering for summer classes or other activities going on.

Just an FYI, I've kicked my own butt to maintain a 4.0 GPA with hopes of jumping ahead of the two year wait list. I was so scared that I wouldn't get in and would have to find day care and a job in the fall. So basically I'd just be working to pay for the day care. It was stressing me out a bit.

Anywho-today Dominic & I went to play at the Metroparks, I checked the mail before we went and the mailman hadn't come yet (doesn't he know that I'm waiting on the mail!?). When we returned I had a nervous feeling in my belly and decided to check the mail again-I almost puked when I saw a letter from the college and could see through the envelope-"Admission Notification". I tore it open, screamed and clapped which caused Dominic to laugh & clap!

I GOT IN!!!! I will start my 22 month straight clinical program in the fall and Dominic will be able to go the college's daycare (SUPER CHEAP!). This also means that I FINALLY have a graduation time frame--Spring (May) of 2012! :) With everything that has been falling apart health wise right now, this was just what I needed! I'm so excited!!!! I actually miss school & studying! <---I'm sure I'll regret saying that next semester while chasing Dominic around and trying to study!

5 comments:

Justin and Jessica said...

Congratulations! You should be proud! :-)

Sweet Little Lovings said...

congrats! that is awesome!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Brooke! thats awesome!

Julie said...

Congrats! That's wonderful news!

Adrienne said...

congrats