Monday, January 4, 2010

Brooke's 2010 Goals

This year Lou and I have both chosen to set goals for the new year. I just find the word resolution a bit harsh and goals just seems like fluffier version! In 2010 I'd like to work to become a "Better Brooke" in all aspects of my life. Physically, Mentally, Emotionally and Spiritually. I'll look back, as I did this past year to hold myself accountable. Lou will be posting his goals in his post tomorrow! So keep us accountable! :)

Physically:
*I'd like to continue working out at the gym 5-6 times a week.
*I'd like to gain upper body strength by doing some sort of arm/back routine 2 times a week.
*I plan to really push myself once a week by doing a "harder" workout.
With my new diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis I know that it is super important that I maintain or gain my endurance, strength and energy.

Mentally:
*I'd like to read up on MS and become as educated as I can on the disease, tools of management, treatments etc.
*If I get into clinicals next fall I'd like to really work hard to do my best! I'm not sure if you get A's-but I'd really like one or two! :)

Emotionally:
*I'd really like to get a handle on stress management-as this is also important in dealing with MS.
*I'd like to also become a more positive person and see the good in everything/everyone around me!

Spiritually:
*I'd like to attend church as much as we can-hopefully every Sunday.
*I plan on registering for classes to complete my Holy Sacraments. I already have been baptised & married and now need to get my first communion and confirmation. This is something that I have been really wanting to do for a long time and it is important for me to complete.

I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy and blessed 2010 or Two thousand ten. <--How are all of you planning on saying it??

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you Brooke but I think you're a VERY positive person! :)

Proud UT Rocket said...

Great goals, cuz!!! I already think you have grown so much since college. You are doing so well in every aspect of your life, and that is so awesome considering all you have going on! Keep it up!!!