Sunday, August 9, 2009

Datenight/Belated Anniversary Celebration!

Lou & I have really been slacking on our goal to have one datenight a month. I really wanted to see Rascal Flatts in concert last summer, unfortunately I was pregnant and sitting on a grassy hill (they played an outdoor concert) was not going to be very enjoyable for me. I love the idea of sticking with traditional anniversary gifts as well. The first year is paper-I put together a scrapbook where I will add one page a year summing up our year. We also decided to add a second paper gift--Rascal Flatts tickets for this summer. We recently celebrated our "cotton" anniversary by purchasing new shirts to wear to the concert! Worked out well! :) Friday night was the concert I had been sooo looking forward to! We also purchased a ticket for my best friend, Becky's birthday so she was in, along with her friend Micah. We also decided that sitting on a grassy hill wasn't going to be as fun as sitting in the pavilion. The concert was everything we had hoped it to be-we all had such a great time! Oh and did I mention that this was Lou's FIRST concert! He loved it! I couldn't bring my camera into the venue so the only pictures I have are from before the concert. Happy Anniversary to Us! :) A little pre-concert tailgating--$10 beers aren't cheap!
Me, in my new shirt & earrings (I never wear dangly earrings but am now a BIG fan!)
Beautiful Becky, Micah & I
Becky & I. :) It was so great to have some adult time with her again!

The "Cotton Couple", Lou enjoying his very first concert.

1 comments:

EEMorris said...

Did you mean Louie's first concert? You said Dominic, but there's no pics of him...did he go too?? Happy Anniversary...glad you guys had fun:)