Thursday, September 24, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Favorite Dessert Recipe

This week's installment of "Show Us Your Life" is titled "Favorite Dessert Recipe". I really don't have much of a favorite dessert that I make-but I decided to share Lou's favorite dessert that I make. They aren't the prettiest, and they can be quite messy & gooey, but they sure are yummy. Without further adieu..Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies..

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 sticks butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 large eggs, beaten

1 tablespoon vanilla

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 cups chocolate chips, 2 Hershey's bars chopped or M&M's

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda. In another large bowl stir together butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla, and cocoa. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and mix until combined. Stir chocolate chips and walnuts, if using, and stir to distribute evenly.

For cookies: Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes. Cool on baking rack

For bars: Pat dough into a greased 9 inch square baking pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares when cooled.



The only picture I had of the cookies. I made them for Lou's 26th Birthday and used them in place of his birthday cake with sugar letters & numbers.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comments:

Heather said...

I love CC cookies!! these looks so good, I am wanting them now!