Monday, November 9, 2009

Teach Me Tuesday

I'm still learning about systems and I really don't have any interesting tidbits.Today I'm going to give you all my insight into what I've learned planning Dominic's first birthday party.

1) When there are three months before the birthday party and you look to your significant other and say "We really need to start planning soon"....DO IT!
2) Look out for things on sale to use for the goodie bags. They can really add up! Also, be aware of the ages of the children-it could potentially affect what you need. If I would have followed #1, I could have used online catalogs like orientaltradingcompany.com to find large amounts and more variety.
3) If you have a large guest list, realize that you will also need a large venue and copious amounts of food, drink, seating etc.
4)Jot down your ideas when they come to you. I've been doing this since Dominic was probably 3 months old and put them in a file on my computer. When I went back to it, I was surprised that I had completely forgotten about some really great ideas! This way I had an instant memory!
5)Price out and shop around for pop, plates, utensils, etc. We started doing this weeks ago and believe that we've found the best "deals".

Although this party has been a lot of work (we just love throwing big parties), we are really looking forward to a big party with family & friends to celebrate our greatest accomplishment's first year of life! :)

0 comments: